Tuesday, March 31, 2020

This Is Quarantine: Day 19

Dare I say...best day yet?!

The stars aligned today and, don't worry, it's not going to my head or anything, but I am absolutely marinating in the loveliness that was today.

What made it so great? Oh, I'm glad you asked. I'd be pleased to fill you in.

Both girls did a larger than average amount of independent play/work which, in the land of isolation and homeschooling, is a big deal. e spent a good deal of time building with Mega Bloks and tending to her babies and animals in her playroom, and E crushed her to-do list for the day. I made a running list of assignments that need to be completed this week (mostly assigned by her school with a few of my own details sprinkled in), and she almost finished the entire list! She was pretty much nose to the grind from about 9am to 4pm, just like a regular school day.


How did this happen?

Shhh...don't question it. Actually, I shouldn't even be mentioning it except for the fact that it's over now and I can't jinx it after the fact.

While the girls toiled, I slogged away at my taxes, which are still nowhere near completion. But it's a process, and at least I'm on the road. I also spoke with the girls' school about how to continue paying for private school after having most of our income wiped out, and I was so pleasantly surprised at how completely understanding and accommodating they were. It turns out I needn't have lost all that sleep over the past few days after all! Now let's cross our fingers that the bank is equally helpful. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

After dinner I suggested to E that she do a little running on the treadmill. She and her dad have a little challenge going, and she stands to make some cash if she wins. She has been given 2 weeks to meet her goal. She crushed it on Day 1. That's MY GIRL.


So, what's brewing for the rest of the week, you wonder? Let me check my calendar...






1 comment:

  1. So glad to read about a great day!! We were nowhere near as accomplished, but we met some goals (like tacos for dinner). Super yay for the convo re: the school.

    ReplyDelete