Thursday, March 26, 2020

This Is Quarantine: Day 15

2 weeks ago today we started this journey.

Wow.

I'm definitely a homebody, and that has become even more apparent to me throughout this adventure. Two weeks in and I can't say I'm stir crazy. There's nowhere that I'm dying to go, and I still don't feel any particular need to leave the house.

I do sympathize with people who like to go out and do things regularly, and people who have lots of bodies stacked on top of one another in little tiny spaces. Even though we're all in the same boat, we are also very much on our own personal journeys, and we're all dealing with challenges.

My biggest challenge has definitely been trying to convince everyone to just do what I tell them to do. You know, listen the first time I say something, believe that I've put way more thought into this than you have, stop fricking resisting and just go with the flow. My flow. Let me run this show!

We're not there yet, but I think I'm wearing them down.

Despite this struggle, we've had some great moments. Like when they do decide to listen and things go as smoothly as I had hoped. But even sometimes when things don't go to plan and turn out better than expected. Who knew?

One of my favourite things to come out of this is E's budding photography hobby. I may be biased, but I really think she has that je ne sais quoi that can't necessarily be taught. She has the eye. She sees perspectives and angles that I think the average person doesn't. There are many, many things to learn about the subject, but she seems to have that little spark that, with the discipline to really learn the craft, could lead to great things.

These are a few shots she took yesterday:




As I was looking at them, I was reminded that she has been interested in taking pictures for a long time. And she has always had a unique viewpoint. Here are some shots she took on a trip to visit her Grandma and Papa in Toronto in 2014, when she was 5 years old:






You see what I mean, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment