Sunday, March 29, 2020

This Is Quarantine: Day 18

After deciding on Friday that I'm handling this quarantine super well, I've had the weekend to reassess, and I think this whole ordeal might be getting to me just a tad.

For example:

1. Yesterday my husband came downstairs wearing jeans and a Donkey Kong t-shirt, and *I swear to god* I wondered Why is he all dressed up?

2. All it takes is the threat of being seen on your kids' Zoom conferences to make you realize Sure, I might be Quarantine Day ready, but that is something very, very different from Regular Day ready.

3. I gave making Instant Pot wine a thought today. I don't know if that's more embarrassing, or the fact that the reason I decided against it was because I'm not willing to make an extra trip to the grocery store for grape juice.

4. I am so completely obsessed with food and eating on your average day. Quarantine has taken this to a new level. This article really spoke to me. I would be happy to spend the entire day in the kitchen.

6. Day 18 is the first time I went ahead with the day drinking, and it turns out I dice a mean onion with a buzz. Behold:

7. Day drinking has so many more benefits than I had anticipated. Spontaneous dancing, a heightened ability to tune out whining and in-fighting, and a complete disinterest in your children's response to dinner are just a few.

8. And, once again, I am reminded that you can take basically anything in the world, wrap it in a tortilla and my kids will eat it. For example:


I am not even kidding.

But I digress. I think we were talking about how quarantine has been messing with my head. So, one double caesar, one gin and tonic and a glass of scotch aside...

9. After years of weeding out most complex carbs from our average diet, I am now completely unable to serve a meal without bread. 

10. At one point I'm sure that having my children walk around with zombie face paint while my husband declared them "COVID Zombies!" would have led me to disown the lot of them and bury my face in shame, I now roll my eyes good-naturedly and continue our walk through the neighbourhood, unphased.


Onwards and upwards, my fellow shut-ins!



1 comment:

  1. And I was only mildly stunned to see E's face on our FaceTime screen! It's all 'normal' now!

    ReplyDelete