Friday, March 27, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 16

I know this will come as a surprise, but before this pandemic hit, I was a quarantine novice. And I'll admit it. I didn't plan for this exactly perfectly. I've had a lot of time to think about things, and I've come up with a list of lessons I've learned for next time.

1. I spent far too much time googling recipes and making meal plans. 

2.  I spent far too little time googling fun, educational activities and making lesson plans. 

3. I didn't buy any rice

4. I don't think I bought enough coffee beans.  ðŸ˜±

5. I treated this whole thing more like an exciting opportunity for decluttering, rather than a true emergency stock-up.**  So rather than buy a whole lot of new food, I took stock of all of the existing (mostly partly used) bags of dried beans and (steadfastly ignored) tins of oddities like sardines and kippers and decided this was the perfect time to use them up!

**DO NOT tell my husband this. He gets real twitchy around the "D" word.

6. I didn't sit the family down and have a meaningful conversation about what everyone expected this time to look like. I'm pretty sure E thought she would just be running the show from here on in and giving e the title of Assistant to the Regional Manager, because nepotism. 

7. I should have pulled the trigger on that steamer/sanitizer I've had my eye on. 

8. I really should have gotten around to booking those hair appointments. 

9. This would have been a great time to build a treehouse. Paint the house. Take on some kind of massive home project. If I had just thought of that with enough time to gather supplies, then surely...oh nevermind. You and I both know when we're setting ourselves up for abject failure.

10. I wish I had spent more time thinking about places to live after J's residency. Like Guyana. Or Botswana.  Turkmenistan sounds lovely.

This counts as a treehouse, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment