Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pressure's on

Less than a month now until E starts preschool...sniff...and it's time to take this potty training thing one step further. What does that mean? Underwear for naptime. I shudder at the thought of all the extra laundry, but it's a necessary evil.

The good news? We're on Day 3 diaper free for naps, and Days 1 and 2 were a success! She woke up dry! Twice in a row! Of course, she seems to be sleeping a little longer today, so I'm preparing myself for a soggy mess when she wakes up, but keeping my fingers crossed. She has been promised another party if she goes a whole week without peeing during naptime. And we all know how well that went over the first time. It doesn't hurt that she knows we're doing this to get her ready for school, and she's super excited about the whole school thing.

This morning she asked me if I was coming with her to school. I told her that I would come on the first day, but after that I wouldn't be there. I added that I will walk her to school and pick her up every day, and asked her what she thought about that. She was quiet and pensive for...an uncomfortably long time...then she slowly, but decisively, nodded her head and said "Yeah. Good."

Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment