Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 2 Musings...

Things that make me REALLY happy:

1. Walking into E's room first thing in the morning to find her sitting up with her hands in the air and a big smile on her face. Happens about 95% of the time - not sure why but I love it.

2. Hearing E say "Yeah, sure!" to anything I might suggest, be it oatmeal with bananas and cinnamon for breakfast or a a post-nap tricycle lesson. Music to my ears.

3. Getting a down winter coat, brand new for $34.98. Seriously.

4. Getting a big pre-nap hug from my daughter, followed by her pretending to fall asleep on me because she is so supremely comfortable and happy to be snuggling with her mama.

5. Having a family lunch as my husband stops in for a bite while hurrying between hospitals.


Things that REALLY bum me out:

1. Whining, cranking, yelling, ignoring, and general uncooperativeness.

2. Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall asleep due to thoughts of my eventual demise/bankruptcy/failure.

3. Having to fight with my toddler over eating her meals, focusing on what I need her to do (generally getting out the door), or anything really.

4. Things that cost money.

5. Ralph's high maintenance tendency to wine and yip throughout our "peaceful outdoor dining experience" for me to throw the ball for him. Also, same behaviour when he wants in the house RIGHT NOW. Also, his habit of scraping his ceramic food bowl along the floor when he feels it should be filled.

I'm making great inroads on this quest for pure and unadulterated happiness, the kind that transcends daily life with all of its inadequacies and allows one to exist on a higher level of euphoric consciousness. Without the drugs.

Fittingly, my daughter requsted today that we travel to the land of Happiness and Laughter and Sunshine. It may just be a line from her current favourite story The Pied Piper of Hamelin, but I appreciated the unintended synchronicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment