Thursday, October 21, 2010

Running tunes

I have an unorthodox selection of running music. Part of that has to do with not having added to my music collection for several years, but part of it is just a reflection of the 80's loving cheeseball that I am. Yesterday I finally remembered to bring my iPod to the gym with me, and was reacquainted with the music that kept me motivated during my late pregnancy/early post-natal workouts. Janis Joplin features prominently, as does Queen, but the best running music for me by far comes from good old MJ. It's all I can do not to grab myself and shout "WHOOOOO!" at the top of my lungs on the treadmill, and I feel like I can run for hours to his tunes. You'll never guess which one is my favourite. Go ahead. Man in the Mirror. Oh, stop. It's very uplifting. I'm pretty sure that that song in a continuous loop with Strength of a Woman by Shaggy would get me through a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment