Thursday, April 16, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 36

I didn't take a single picture today...so that's the kind of day I had.

It wasn't anyone's favourite day. Of course, you gotta have those. And they make the good ones sweeter.

But do you know what I found? I found a magical place, just beyond our backyard, and just before the park that might be my new happy place. I've been there before, and I don't know if it's just the time of year, but walking around in there today was so peaceful, and it was like stepping into another world. I'll go back tomorrow and take some pictures, because I can't seem to find words for it. It's part forest clearing, part marsh, with hanging branches and a mistiness that doesn't seem to exist outside of that one spot. There are old overgrown steps and the remains of an old stone wall leading into it, and it just feels...magical.

Or maybe it just felt that way because that's what I needed today. To escape the nonsense and be transported to another place. It will be interesting to see how it feels tomorrow.

That's all I've got. That, and a cute pic from yesterday to cheer us all up:


Goodnight! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment