Monday, April 6, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 26

The snake has been located. 

I repeat, the snake HAS BEEN LOCATED, and is once again locked safely inside its enclosure. For now. 

And you will not be surprised to learn that I am the hero of the day, having found him with my own eyes, and having alerted his owner to its whereabouts with my own shrill yelping. 

I know. It was all very impressive.

It's surprising really, that we didn't notice him sooner. I mean, look how obvious he was:



I'm nauseous just looking at those pics. I tell you, even though I knew he was around, and even though I was looking for him, nothing prepares you for the sight of a loose snake in your living room. 

Now, it did take E about 15 minutes to coax him out of that snug little spot he had, so there was no hissing/lunging/biting scenario that haunts my dreams, but the trauma had already been inflicted. 

I realize that there is no chance that this won't happen again, and that (apart from getting rid of him and breaking my daughter's heart) there is nothing I can do except wait, but at least I know of an elixir or two that can mitigate the after-effects relatively well.


Now let's switch gears so I'm not leaving you with snake nightmares...

Our sourdough starter is on Day 4 today and is looking fantastic!


And the other day, E thought Gryff needed a friend, so she gave him one of her teddy bears. I told her it was a terrible idea, as he is well known for shredding any toy in a matter of seconds. "For Large Dogs", "For Big Chewers", "MAXIMUM TOUGHNESS"...he doesn't discriminate. Instead, he has taken to carrying it around the house in his mouth and napping with it, like so:


So that's pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment