Friday, April 3, 2020

This Is Quarantine: Day 22

My mom called me this morning to remind me that I hadn't posted yesterday. It's nice to know that I have a loyal following. It may be small and mostly related to me, but it's mine.

I had good intentions, but I'm sure that my reasons will be well understood by present-day readers. I was very busy for most of the evening hitting the Refresh button, trying to convince the Costco webpage to let me confirm my online order. The good news is that I finally figured out how to infiltrate the system by resetting my password. The bad news is that by the time I achieved success, lethargy and Tiger King took away any remaining motivation for blogging. 

So, by way of repentance, I shall post twice today. This first post is dedicated to yesterday. Some people say you should never look back, but perhaps they have never known the sting of my mother's disappointment.

Yesterday, E was inspired by something she had seen online to spread a little cheer during these uncertain days. She and e got to work drawing and cutting hearts out of blue construction paper, and then writing cheerful thoughts on them, like "Have an amazing day!" and "We care about you" and "Hang in there". They made 20 and then ran around the neighbourhood, placing them on doorsteps. Mama was pretty proud. 


As you can see, e was feeling much better yesterday. She turned the corner and returned to her bright and cheerful self, easing a lot of our worries.

Just to keep things interesting though, E woke up with lots of pain and swelling in her gums and a wonky looking tooth. Having experienced something similar with E a few years ago that turned out to be an abscess requiring emergency surgery at Sick Kids in Toronto, I got pretty freaked out pretty quickly. Fortunately, the dentist got back to us right away and reassured us that it's probably just eruption pain and swelling from her canine coming in. And after a few hours and a few salt rinses, she seems to be right as rain again. 

 Fingers crossed that the Cowfam stays healthy from here on in!

Stay tuned for today's post! (If Tiger King doesn't get to me first...)





4 comments:

  1. I keep trying to resist Tiger King. We keep falling asleep to season 2 of Ozark - trying to remind ourselves of what happened before starting season 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, we're also watching Ozark. So intense! Tiger King is pretty indescribable. I gave in to the curiosity, for better or for worse!

      Delete
  2. Actually, my primary reason for calling was to check on e since she had been under the weather, but I do suffer withdrawal pains when there is no blog!

    ReplyDelete