Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Imaginarium of E

It must be the stellar array of gifts she received this Christmas, or maybe it's just a strange coincidence, but my daughter has FINALLY discovered the joy of playing by herself. She especially enjoys her Little People Animal Village, her pianos and her growing reindeer "family". She talks to her little animals and feeds them milk and muffins, she bangs away on the pianos singing Jingle Bells and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Just now she was opening and closing her backpack saying "I'm very busy right now" over and over. Then she said "California!" and came over to get some help putting the backpack on. Now she's walking around the apartment with the backpack looking for New York City and exclaiming "That's funny"!

I've always known she is stinking adorable, but I just love being able to sit back and watch her get her imagination on, all by herself. It's a new phase that I hope sticks around for a while, not only because it frees me up a little, but it's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. She's now playing the drum saying "Ra-ta-ta-ta-tat...come with us, Drum!" And every time she catches me looking I get a huge, hammy smile as a reward.

Sure beats the pants off of the "MAMA! PICK YOU UP!!!!" phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment