Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Out of the Mouth of My Babe

E: Maybe you can buy me a water table?M: Yeah, I think that's a good idea.
E: Right now?
M: No, not right now. But you play with these buckets.
E: I will buy a water table. But my duckies can swim in these buckets in the meantime.

Meantime? Toddlers may not have much of a sense of time, but it appears that this one has a pretty solid understanding of meantime.

~
E: (in her trademark crank-whine) But I wanted to waaaaaalk! I didn't waaaaant you to carry me!
J: I'm sorry, I was just trying to help. I didn't know you wanted to walk. Do you think I can read your mind?
E: (eyes lighting up with this new epiphany) Yes! You can! Read it, dada! Read please!

Well, he can read books. Why not a mind or two?

~

E: Is this an ambulance, mama?
M: No, this is our car.
E: Can we pretend it's an ambulance though?
M: Sure.
E: This is a nice ambulance, mama.
M: Thanks. But where are the sick people?
E: Oh, they're right here. Beside me on the seat. Reese is sick, and Anabelle and Erin are sick too.
M: What's wrong with them?
E: They have a little bit of appendicitis. Actually, they have a LOT of appendicitis.
M: Oh, that doesn't sound good. Are you going to give them some medicine?
E: Not right now. When we stop I will. I can't right now because we're driving.

Sage advice there. But let's hope that your average EMT plays a little more fast and loose with rules about medicating while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment