Monday, July 4, 2011

First Day


















My husband left the house early this morning for his first shift of what will undoubtedly be a brilliant career as a physician. I felt a bit like a mom watching her baby go off to her first day of school as I watched him walk away with lab coat and stethoscope in place, all too aware of the fact that come September I will be witnessing that milestone too. And although I've only been on hiatus, I will also be returning to work in September. It's a big year for our family. Babies become students, students become doctors, stay-at-home moms become working moms. And it feels like just yesterday I was sitting on a school bus, looking out the window and daydreaming about what life would be like when I grew up. I still don't have the answer to that question, but whatever this is right now feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment