Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A little of this, a little of that

Okay, I'm just going to go with this as long as I can...can't save so I'll have to just hit "Publish" as soon as her highness wakes up...

Still can't post pictures, so you'll just have to take my word for it that the girl continues to be astoundingly adorable.

Recent events include a stellar week of potty training. E is now wearing underwear all day, only wearing a diaper for naptime and bedtime, and has - at most - one accident per day, with zero accidents some days! Yippee! I wish I could show you her Potty Page. I'm glad I got the 1000 sticker booklet instead of 50.

There has been lots of rain in Toronto, so our outside time has been cut down drastically. The time we have spent has included splashing in every puddle between our house and the park, our house and the corner store, and our house and the fire station. And in lieu of the sandbox we've been spending our time with Play-doh, glue sticks and honing our negotiation skills as they relate to movie watching, chocolate eating and showers vs. baths.

Yesterday I started an online course in my quest to regain an active massage therapy license. I've been away for over three years and there are a couple of hoops that I have to jump through before they'll let me loose on the public again. I've never done an online course before, so I'm a little nervous. So far there's been a little polite banter on the Discussion Page and a score of 9/10 on my first quiz, which I consider to be a good start.

And, of course, when I go back to work, my teeny tiny little baby will be off to...what's that?...PRESCHOOL?! What? Holy...

Turns out preschool is kind of a big deal, kind of expensive, and kind of a big decision to make from a different city. So, after a couple of weeks of circular discussions and unanswerable questions, J and I have decided to actually drive to Ottawa next week to check things out. But not before we do a little BBQ-ing in Milton, a little fireworking in Napanee, and a little holiday driving in our still-pretty-new-and-exciting wheels.

And, of course, when we're not busy being busy, we can always count on E to fill the gaps with an endless litany of WHY?'s to answer.

Oh, the WHY stage.

Why me, God?

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment