Wednesday, July 4, 2012


Not an exaggeration.

When life hands you lemons - or when you buy a bag from the grocery store - make lemonade, right? Especially if it's summertime, and especially if you have a three year old who thinks that the most tedious part of the job (juicing lemons) is the most fun, and steadfastly insists that she does not need a parent to help. This perfect recipe just got even more perfect. 

I'm always looking for fun things to do with baboushka in the kitchen, and this was a big hit. Easy peasy, fun and squeezy, with just the right amount of tang. I like a lot of tang, and so does my sidekick. She used to eat lemons and limes by the slice. 

So, for the recipe, just click on the link above and enjoy! Follow exactly if you like, I'm sure it will turn out as the title implies. If you want to do what I did, then make the following adjustments:

1. I went with the 3/4 cup sugar : 1 cup water ratio when making the simple syrup.
2. I also added lemon zest to the syrup as it was heating, as per the advice of a commenter, to deepen the flavour. Better to leave the zest in big slices rather than using a zester - easier to fish out.
3. I made 1 1/4 cups of lemon juice, 1 1/4 cups of simple syrup and 3 cups of cold water, which is very tangy. 

Zing!



No comments:

Post a Comment