Monday, July 16, 2012

Little Hoots

E is a Little Hoot. Is that the perfect name for a daycare or what? That's what I thought. Our neighbours down the street are a lovely little family with a 2 year old daughter, and the mom started a home daycare in January. Our next door neighbours send their son to her, and she agreed to take E part time over the summer. This is week three, and everyone is pleased as punch with the arrangement.

As this is our first experience with daycare I'm not an expert on standard practices, but I was ecstatic to learn that Julie takes about a million pictures of the kiddos during the day and sends out a weekly email of pics and highlights. She also writes a little journal for each child daily so we know what they were up to and what havoc our kids wreaked. For instance, today E needed a "break" from lunch to go and sit on the couch with a blanket. I'm sure it was much more charming and benign to read about than to experience.

Here's a glimpse into E's days as a Little Hoot:











Looks like a pretty sweet deal. I wonder how long I have before she files the adoption papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment