Saturday, November 27, 2010

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...

We're in the home stretch now, folks. There are only 3 days left of this gong show and then I will be a novelist! Will I do it? It sure looks that way. I haven't hit 50k yet, but I just cracked 46k and I'm feeling better than I have since the Week 1 adrenaline rush wore off. My story is starting to tell itself now, after days of what seemed like pulling teeth for each paragraph. If it wasn't for the obligatory childcare inherent in parenthood I would be long past the finish line, but as it is I'm almost there, my daughter is still alive and well and I'm happy with that. Stay tuned for the big finish on Tuesday at midnight. My jubilation will likely be audible from wherever you are, or maybe that will be the collective jubilation of the thousands of writers everywhere as we realize that a good night's sleep can be ours once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment