Wednesday, May 20, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 70

It was a picnic lunch kind of day today. Glorious sunshine, cloudless skies and warm breezes. We're in the picnic sweet spot right now. Warm enough to lay out in the grass without getting a chill, but not warm enough to melt the food or bring the bugs out. It was so perfect, in fact, that our picnic lunch turned into a whole afternoon, basking, reading, zooming and snacking...all from the comfort of a picnic blanket.


We did peel ourselves off long enough for the girls to continue their intense scooter training regimen and for me to decide that dandelions have enjoyed our lawn for the last season. With the help of a handy tool from a neighbour and over the course of two hours, I evicted every last visible dandelion from our property, including the boulevard. It was backbreaking work, but so satisfying when it was over. Sure, my husband didn't notice, even as I paraded him up and down the length of the property, prompting him to take note of any landscaping improvements as we went. But I know. And I'm happy with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment