Tuesday, May 12, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 62

May 12. It was exactly 2 months ago, on March 12, when we locked it down.
The strangest part about it to me is thinking about what it looked like at the beginning compared to now. 2 weeks. Then back to school, back to work, back to normal. And now, 2 months...and I don't have the foggiest idea of when I will see normal again, or what it will look like.

There are a few things I'm getting to the end of my rope with. I want to hug my parents. I want my kids to hug their grandparents. I want to talk to people without precaution and apprehension. I want just a little tiny bit of time to myself to get something done without distraction or interruption or feeling guilty. I WANT MY HAIR NOT TO BE SO GREY AND MY PANTS NOT TO BE SO TIGHT.

But overall, things are ok. I'm glad we've slowed down a bit. I'm glad we've tried some new things and changed the way we do other things and I'm glad we're healthy.

And I'm glad I finally got around to making these:



Shortly after quarantine started, E went on a serious english muffin tear. I can't buy enough of them. It's all she wants to eat most of the time, and if I let her she'll just eat one after the other. And I didn't get it.

To be honest, outside of a breakfast sandwich or eggs benedict, english muffins are a solid so-so for me. I prefer pretty much any other kind of bread.

And then I made these babies with my sourdough starter.

And the rest is history.




Mmmmm....
♫They got the Empty Plate Blues...♫

No comments:

Post a Comment