Saturday, May 9, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 59

I believe it was Day 2 of quarantine when I first mused about taking on various ambitious projects like, say, painting. For those of you wondering how long it might take your reluctant husband to be worn down, I have an answer for you.

57 days.

Unless you're talking about convincing him to have baby #2. But I have an answer for that too!

7 years.

I digress.

This weekend, a dream I've had for the last 4 years is finally coming true.

This weekend, I finally bid adieu to the nauseating shade of peanut butter that has surrounded me while I sleep, taunting me with its icky brown-ness and overwhelming me with a sense of blah. Today, in fact, I will wipe it from my walls and my memory, replacing it with a most bright and refreshing shade of white.

Once that's done, I will adorn the white with all sorts of leafy greens and natural woods and a pop or two of something whimsical, but that is for another day.

Today, and tomorrow, but please god not into next week,  WE PAINT!

And while we're at it, the girls' room is getting the same treatment. Their pale yellow hue was not so objectionable in and of itself, but it isn't working with E's black and red theme and so it's out. White it is, along with two sections of - BLACK chalkboard paint. I am both terrified and excited.

It wasn't planned as such, but this is the very best Mother's Day gift my husband could have given me. And even though the 72 pairs of socks he ordered for me (nope, not kidding) didn't come in time, I couldn't be more tickled about how I'll be spending the weekend.

Theoretically, of course. This is one of those times when I'm fairly confident that I will be happy to have painted once it's done, as opposed to loving every minute of it as it's happening.

Let's do this!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment