Saturday, May 16, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 66

Long weekend, quarantine style!

We don't usually do anything big for Victoria Day weekend, so I can't say we feel like we're missing anything this year. J is just happy to have an extra day at home, and so are we!

Riding on the high of the last couple of super-productive weekends, we have a few items on the to-do list. For example, I try not to brag, but my husband took down the Christmas wreath over our front door today.

When your day starts with that kind of take-charge initiative, there's no telling what you can do! But with today being the only sunny day in the forecast, priority number one was getting outside.

A couple of weeks ago we presented the girls with new scooters as Corona Gifts. Of course E is a seasoned pro, and e has been chomping at the bit for her own set of wheels. After a couple of shaky starts, along the endless patience of her big sister's tutelage, e is now a scooter pro in training! And the two of them have been tearing up the neighbourhood all week. The scooters got plenty of miles in today, as I patted myself on the back for coming up with the world's best way to get a 3 year old and an 11 year old to play together and be equally entertained for hours on end.

With the kiddos riding wild and free and out of our hair, we got cocky and pruned a bush. At least, it was once a bush, when we moved in 4 years ago. Since then, with the freedom to spread its wings and dream big under our persistently neglectful stewardship, it resembles something along the lines of a...giant orb-like rampart.

I can't say it looks better. Heck, without before and after pictures I couldn't even say for certain that it's smaller. But we can now drive into our garage without having the right sight of the vehicle getting a good brushing, and we now have plenty of kindling for campfires.

Speaking of, now that the fire ban has lifted, we had our first legal campfire of the season! I'm afraid I was woefully ignorant of the fire ban on our last go-around. But once I was educated, I obeyed the rules like the upstanding citizen I am. I'm just glad we finally got the green light or all of those marshmallows might have met their end in a Chubby Bunny competition.



Oh, and the girls found a couple of snakes. So that was awesome. For them.



No comments:

Post a Comment