Friday, May 8, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 58

Today was a good day.

I don't mean to brag, but I suspect I might have the best kids ever.

The oldest decided to blast through her schoolwork this morning and use her free time to bake not one, but TWO Mother's Day desserts for yours truly.

Kitchen-tastrophe
The youngest exhibited monumental levels of empathy, grace and painfully adorable sweetness by telling her teacher:

"I will always be here when you need me."

And by telling her dog, who had just eaten her rice krispie square:

"You're still a good dog. I'm so proud of you."

I also banged out one more face mask to meet my quota for the week and folded 3 loads of laundry.

I'm riding a high right now, heading into the weekend with a smile on my face and a drink in my hand.

Silly Potato Head games
E's first ever solo cake!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Mommy recognition time! Much needed in times like this when we maybe running low on mommy power!

    ReplyDelete