Monday, May 11, 2020

This is Quarantine: Day 61

Our morning walk today was filled with the the chatter of two Canada Geese, perched atop adjacent roofs, calling back and forth to one another. I'm not sure what their deal was - mating calls, competitive chatter, alarm bells, who's to say? What I do know, is that when one of them flew away suddenly, the one left behind kicked it into high gear and began calling out frantically. I felt bad for the fella. e did too. As we walked away, she asked me why the one goose had flown away, and I replied that I didn't know, but maybe it was going to get a snack and bring it back for the two of them to share.

She stopped dead in her tracks, turned on her heel and marched back to the lone goose.

"Hey! Goose!"

*honkhonkhonkhonkhonk...

"HEY! Your brother is just going to get a snack for you guys and then he'll be back."

*honkhonkhonkhonkhonk...

HEY! GOOSE!! YOU'RE BROTHER WILL BE RIGHT BACK WITH A SNACK FOR YOU, OKAY??!!

*...silence...

When I told her that it looked like she made the goose feel better because he stopped honking, she shrugged and said:

"I guess I'm a superhero."


On another note, if any of you have wondered what online learning looks like for a Montessori Toddler, check this out:


I know. She's a GENIUS!

And finally, if anyone was wondering if I was kidding about the socks...


1 comment:

  1. Oh man. I miss you guys. I feel like the sock story needs to be told in person!!

    ReplyDelete