Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I guess the dinosaurs just couldn't resist.

Another gem of a conversation:

E: My lunch was cheesy delicious! That's what I called it. I sat with Olivia and Kaia at lunch today and I didn't do anything silly!

M: The big Kaya or the little Kaia? (Two Kai/ya's, two Maya's, two Ava's...and not a Jennifer in sight.)

E: The little one. The big one isn't resisting anymore.

M: Isn't resisting what?

E: Real life.

M: What do you mean?

E: She's not in real life anymore. She doesn't resist.

M: I have no idea what you're talking about.

E: Like dinosaurs don't resist anymore.

M: Do you mean ex-ist?

E: Yeah. Ex-ist.

M: What happened to her?

E: Oh, she died*.

*She didn't. At least I don't think she did. Maybe I'll run this one by the teacher after school today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. Did you find out what happened to this girl? I wonder if she just said, "I don't exist." Hopefully she does exist!
    I am reminded of the day that J said, "My cat is in heaven," (true), and his friend replied, "My dad is in heaven too." This little boy said it so plainly, and his calm, smiling expression didn't change. I later learned that his dad had passed away when he was about 12 months old. This happy little boy and his awesome mom are wonderful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest assured, Kaya is alive and well. Apparently E was just "telling a joke". We're working on the intricacies of acceptable humour.

    ReplyDelete