Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Happy Mother's Day is as easy as...

I have come up with what I think is the perfect recipe for Mother's Day. Are you a mom? Are you wondering just what will make you happy on Mother's Day? Here's what I did, and now I'm content in the knowledge that on Sunday I can reflect on the love I've spread and simply be thankful for the gift of being a mom. 

1. Buy yourself something nice. It doesn't have to be big, just a little token from yourself to yourself, to acknowledge another year of mommyhood. Besides, you're the only one who really knows what you've been through. I bought these:


2. Do something nice for another mom you know. Maybe yours, maybe a friend, maybe a sister or your mother-in-law. Send a card or a small gift that shows her that someone out there notices, and appreciates. Ralph accompanied me to the post office today and we took care of that one.

3. Do something nice for a mom you don't know. Find a charity that helps moms in some way and give a little. A woman's shelter, MADD, or moms in third world countries who have much, much more to worry about in the weeks leading up to childbirth than what colour to paint the nursery. I think this woman is doing a wonderful thing, and I made a small donation to her cause.

Easy as 1. 2. 3. I feel great, and now I can tell my husband that the pressure's off. Until my birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful post and for getting involved in B4BK!

    I love these ideas, and have actually done all three myself too. :) Just did #1 today in fact. ;)

    Really appreciate you using your voice (and making a donation) to this important cause. Every single kit counts. As of today we are at 3001. Totally amazing.

    Happy Mothers Day to you! Hope you enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete