Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shameless Truth Telling - Happy Birthday Glennon!

Today it is Glennon Melton's birthday. You may or may not have heard of her, but she is one of my favourite mom bloggers. This is her blog. This is her upcoming book. Shameless truth telling is her thing. It has gotten her into and out of hot water, and I admire the heck out of her for it.

So, as my gift to Glennon, I present to you my shameless truth telling for the day:

This is my vegetable drawer. 
After the vegetables have been taken out, of course. 
(Is it better or worse if there were none in there to begin with??)

Please know that every cell in my body is urging my fingers to type up a list of excuses as to why and how I allowed the area of my fridge that can provide the most benefit to my family to fall into such a state of disrepute. But I won't. It is what it is. 

Now here's the magic of the truth telling. Where do I go from here? First of all, I'm pretty embarrassed by that photo. So naturally, now that you all know about it, I'm going to have to do something about it. 

…drum roll...

Witness the contents of my vegetable drawer 14 minutes after their lifesaving evacuation and subsequent HAZMAT clean-up operation:


Which made it much easier to do this:



And in turn, a mere 16 minutes later, look what was happening:


Which totally justified this:


Thank you Glennon, for an endless supply of perspective and inspiration. And for helping me to finally figure out where that smell was coming from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment