Friday, August 27, 2010

Benny - er - Brian and Joon

This summer we had the distinct pleasure of welcoming our friends June, Brian and Zoey to Brooklyn. It's always fun to be a tour guide, to show someone what you love about where you live. It's even more fun to see them really enjoy themselves and start to feel like they live there too. I get the feeling that these three could carve out a cozy little Garden of DeWagner anywhere they went, but it was nice to see them do it here.

They were here for almost a month, and what was intended to be a long, lazy month of playdates for E and Zoey turned into a whirlwind 5 days of goodness before the Cowfam had to leave town on short notice. We didn't get to do nearly all the things that I wanted to do with them, but it looks like they took over where we left off and had a great time in our hood.

Of course, we completely forgot to take any pictures while we were together. Fortunately June snapped a few here and there, most of which you can check out here.

I really like these cats. I like the way they live, I like the way they treat each other and the world around them, and I really like the way they're raising that cute kid of theirs. They gave me fresh perspective on life and family and all that matters in the world, and for that I am grateful. I only wish we had enjoyed more time together, and that I could have managed to bake something chocolatey for them. It's how I show I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment