Monday, September 15, 2008

No "i" in Team

In what I hope will be a continued effort to remember that this blog isn't just about mama and baby, I thought I'd dedicate this post to darling husband and what he's up to these days.

J is just about to start his 6th term of medical school at St. George's University in Grenada. This will bring us to mid-December, and the end of his two years of classwork. After that, it's into the hospitals - finally!! Right now he's struggling to memorize drug names in Pharmacology, delving into diseases in Pathophysiology, and going to the local hospital once a week to see how it all works in real life. Today he did rounds in Orthopedics and saw a patient with osteomyelitis! It's probably much cooler if you know what that means.

On the home front, he has been a very attentive daddy-to-be. Of particular concern to him is my diet. He worries about the water quality, whether meat has been cooked enough, if I'm getting enough protein, if I'm eating enough in general. He even brings home chocolate bars! He has also taken on the role of "Mosquito Hunter" in an effort to ensure that I do not succumb to Dengue fever. I couldn't ask for a better baby daddy!

In fact, given all of his wonderful qualities, I've even decided to forgive him for destroying our computer this weekend. To make a long story short: a) computers can only stand to be dropped so many times, and b) men are not designed for multitasking. It's a good thing he's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment