Sunday, August 9, 2020

Coincidences

Our kids have unusual names. I'm not talking crazy, alphanumeric word puzzles or anything. They're real names, just uncommon. In the case of our eldest daughter, both her first and middle names fall into that category. So imagine my husband's surprise the other day, when he found himself speaking to a patient with E's middle name. First time in eleven years! Cool.

And imagine his double surprise when, after telling her his daughter's first name, the patient said "That's funny, that's my sister's name!

So, to clarify, my daughter's two unusual names are also the first names of two sisters who live in Wheatley, Ontario, a small town we discovered a few years ago that has become our favourite cottaging spot. 

Huh. What are the chances?

This happened on Friday. On Saturday, we had a guy come to cut down some some trees on our property. His name is Cole, which would have been our son's name when E was born, and it was still our choice when e was born 8 years later. Neat. 

While chatting with him, he noticed our dog. We also have an unusual breed of dog. I swear, other than the dog and the kids' names, we're painfully mainstream. He grew up with the same unusual breed that our girls are growing up with. 

Really?

What a weekend! I don't know about you, but I absolutely love these little moments in life.  They make me feel like we're all connected in a million little ways. I don't know if I believe in kismet, but I sure love the idea of strange forces at work in the universe. I imagine little alien fairy types watching us through a crystal ball from a star somewhere and throwing little things like this at us for kicks.

But what do I know?



No comments:

Post a Comment