Sunday, September 20, 2020

2nd Wave Problems

The best thing in the world happened to me today and yes, it has to do with toilet paper.

I have had quite the weekend. It is deserving of its own post and that is forthcoming. However, you need to know what just happened as a direct result of all the things I've been up to.

I'm almost out of toilet paper, you guys. I don't know how it happened. I've been so careful. And still, earlier this week I found myself grabbing the last 6-pack of my Costco pack thinking...hm...time to buy more! So I hopped on to the Costco website and guess what? Yep, SOLD OUT. 2nd wave, indeed. So I added it to my Superstore grocery list and guess what? LOW STOCK. There's a good chance I will get no toilet paper this week. My guess is the supply will only get shorter for the next little while. And we're down to 6 rolls. 

Yikes.

So, I crossed my fingers for my Superstore order and went about my weekend, trying not to obsess over my lapse in judgement. Part of that weekend, in fact a large majority of it, has involved a great declutter and reorganization, resulting in a tsunami of cardboard boxes. I feel like you may know where this is going...

I spent a while today tying up all of the boxes I had broken down over the weekend. And then I got hooked and noticed all kinds of extra boxes lying around the basement, and so I tackled them too. Empty box after empty box...what kind of hoarding nonsense is this?! Until the very last one...at the very bottom of a pile of empty boxes tucked away in the corner. Why, this box wasn't empty! It was decidedly full! What could be in there??

Do you hear that? The angels? Singing a heavenly chorus? 

I hear it. And it is a glorious sound.






No comments:

Post a Comment